Shovel Knight is coming to Nintendo Switch,Yacht Club Games announces a Nintendo Switch version of Shovel Knight. The game is renamed as Shovel Knight Treasure Knight.
Checkout the full blog post of yacht club games – link
What’s new : Treasure Knight
Body Swap Mode
Body Swap Mode is complete and will be included for Shovel Knight’s campaign! Get ready for sprites and illustrations of all-new designs for body-swapped versions of the main characters as the release draws closer. To get you primed, here’s your first look at body-swapped Shovel Knight and Shield Knight!
Finally!! After many requests! Grab a friend and rejoice! Local two player co-op in game campaign is coming as a free update to all console and PC platforms (3DS/Vita not included). Amiibo not required!
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Soon, the game you now know as Shovel Knight will become Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. When that happens, you’ll also have new options to purchase each campaign as separate, standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch:
- Shovel of Hope – Shovel of Hope is our new name for the original Shovel Knight game, since it needed a title like the others. What do you think!? Rewatch the adventure here.
- Plague of Shadows – Plague Knight’s Campaign emerges from the Shadows to hopefully get some recognition this time! Watch it all here.
- Specter of Torment – Specter of Torment is our most expansive campaign yet. We’re so excited for you to become the reaper! See Specter Knight in action here.
Later in 2017 the following will release (names TBD):
- King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
- Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (3DS/Vita not included.)
Why is this happening? Well, we hope providing less expensive standalone versions will provide better entry points for different types of players! Also, players can more easily grab an adventure (or Battle Mode) on another platform!
All owners of Shovel Knight on all platforms will automatically own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove instead and will continue to get each of the planned free campaigns and features via updates. It will work exactly like how Shovel Knight was updated to include its first campaign addition, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Don’t worry!
In the spring, we will be raising the price of Shovel Knight. If you haven’t picked up Shovel Knight yet and want all the content included within Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, buy it now before the price increases this spring! Or pick a selection of the standalone versions for a cheaper price!