Nintendo and The Pokemon Company have announced Pokken Tournament DX for Switch. Tournament DX will launch worldwide on September 22.
Overview of Pokken Tournament DX
Pokemon is making its way to Nintendo Switch later this year with Pokken Tournament DX. Along with all the content from both the Wii U and arcade versions of Pokken Tournament, the Pokemon fighting game where Pokemon in battle move in direct response to the player’s actions, Pokken Tournament DX also introduces an array of exciting new features to create the ultimate Pokken experience. Pokken Tournament DX features include:
- Play Pokken anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokken Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokemon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokemon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokemon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokemon will be available right from the start of the game.
The Switch version of the Pokemon fighting game includes all 16 characters from the Wii U version, as well as arcade additions Darkrai, Scizor, Croagunk, and Empoleon, and Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokemon Decidueye.
2017 Pokken Tournament DX Invitational
- Date: Wednesday, June 14
- Time: 10:30 a.m. PT
- Competitors: Eight YouTube and Twitch stars
- Format: Crew battle with four teams and two players per team. Random draft order. The first person in each crew must choose one of the new characters; the other person can choose one of the original characters.
- Prize: Winners will each receive a Pokken Tournament DX art piece signed by Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokemon Company, and members of the development team.
- Casters: Jordan Kent, D1 and VikkiKitty